The Andaman Islands are well-famed for their beautiful palm-lined silver beaches, lush green mangroves and thick rain forests. The waters around here are rich in coral reefs and marine life including sharks and rays. Andaman is hence a popular tourist destination, not only for its untouched beauty but also for its various adventure activities, with scuba diving and snorkelling being the most sought after. Other popular adventure sports include water skiing, windsurfing, fishing, hiking and trekking. Port Blair is the capital of the Andaman islands and is known as the gateway to these pristine islands. The town offers numerous water sports as well as insights into the history and culture of the region. The Aberdeen Bazaar is in the heart of the town, and most of the restaurants and hotels are around this area. The island is also the hub for transfers to other surrounding islands.
Fly to Port Blair. A Yatra representative will meet and assist you at the Veer Savarkar Airport, and you will be taken to your hotel.
Later in the afternoon visit the imposing Cellular jail followed by the mesmerising light and sound show.
TheCellular Jail (Closed on Mondays)was built over a period of 14 years, and was famously known as ‘Kala Pani’. It was a place of imprisonment for freedom fighters during the British period. A gallery and a museum here are reminiscent of India’s struggle for independence.
The day draws to a beautiful close with theSound and Light Showat the historic Cellular Jail which gives you a vivid experience of its strong association with the freedom fighters and their struggle for independence. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Post breakfast, transfer to Portblair Jettyand head towards Havelock Islands
Havelock Island, about 54 kilometers northeast of Portblair, is a hidden jewel. Ironically, few Indians know of this stunning beach destination in their own backyard while they head for Phuket (in Thailand) across the waters of Andaman Sea. Havelock is a serene tropical island encompassing about 86 square kilometers. Its clear waters are rated among the best in the world for snorkeling and scuba diving. With its serene beaches, 40 meters visibility underwater, colorful coral reefs and ‘far from the maddening crowd appeal, Havelock Island has emerged as a dream destination among discerning travelers.
Upon arrival at Havelock Jetty, a Yatra representative will meet and assist you for further, transfer to hotel.
Later in the afternoon proceed for a visit toRadhanagar beach.
Radhanagar Beach is the jewel in the crown of Havelock Island. Located on the western side of the island, this glorious white sand beach shot to global fame when Time magazine (in 2004) rated it as the finest in Asia. A wide beach that runs over a few kilometers, Radhanagar is simply stunning. It lends itself to a variety of activities.
Overnight at the Hotel.
Post breakfast, check-out from hotel and proceed for a visit to Scuba diving centre for SCUBA diving.
Thereafter visit Kalapathar Beach.This lovely silver sandy beach is located at about 12 km from Havelock jettyThe beach gets its name from the surrounding village called Kalapathar Village and the black rocks (Kalapathar Rocks) that adorn the coastline here.Overnight at the Hotel.
Post breakfast, check-out and transfer toHavelock Jettyto head to Port Blair Island. Upon arrival transfer to hotel.
In the afternoon, visit Ross Island. Once the capital and administrative headquarters of the British, the island is now under the Indian Navy. It standsas a testimony of the bygone days with the old structures almost in ruins. There is a small museum named ‘Smritika’, it holds photographs and the other antiques of the Britishers. The island is famous for friendly flocks of deer and lush green walking trails.Overnight at Hotel.
Post breakfast, enjoy city tour.
Chathamis a tiny island connected by a bridge over a stretch of sea-water. It is also the major mainland – island harbor. There is an old British time Saw Mill at Chatham, which is one of the biggest and oldest in Asia. In the premises there is a small museum which offers an insight into lumbering activities through scale models and decorative pieces made of woods like Padauk, Marble, Peauma, Gurjan, Satin Wood, etc.
Samundrika Naval Maritime Museumsituated opposite Andaman Teal House, Delanipur, the museum seeks to create awareness on various aspects of oceanic environment. A good collection of shells, corals and a few species of colorful fishes found in these islands are on display. The place gives you an educational insight into the natural wonders of these islands.
Anthropological Museum, depicts the life of the Paleolithic Islanders as the islands are inhabited by a variety of tribes that include four Negroid and two Mongoloid. It also houses the models of the aborigines and their tools.
In the evening, proceed to Chidiya Tapu – famous for its lush green mangroves, forest cover with numerous chirping birds and sandy beach (Known as the Sunset Point). Overnight at the Hotel.
Post breakfast, check-out and transfer to the airport. This marks the culmination of a memorable trip to one of India’s natural wonders – the Andaman Islands.
Contact Us Or Call +91- 9311504388
* Economy Class air fare Chennai – Port Blair – Chennai including all taxes
* 3 Nights stay on twin sharing basis at Port Blair
* 2 Nights stay on twin sharing basis at Havelock
* Buffet meals – breakfast + Dinner
* Assistance on arrival and departure at Port Blair Airport by Apjtours representative
* Local Guides for Sight-seeing as per itinerary
* All Transportation for local sight-seeing tours and airport/ hotel/ Jetty transfers by AC vehicle at Portblair and Non AC Vehicles at Havelock on sharing basis as per itinerary.
* Visit to Radhanagar Beach, Havelock
* Smartphone based personal audio tour guide, it isan app that makes your sightseeing hassle free during your holiday.
* Cruise transfers (Port Blair – Havelock – Port Blair)
* All entrances and tickets to monuments, museums, Cultural Events and activities suggested in the itinerary.
* Important Note : (Hotel Symphony Palms)
* Gala dinner charges will be mandatory for Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
* Mandatory Dinner (Christmas Eve) on 24th Dec @ Rs. 2000 per person.
* Mandatory Dinner (New Year’s Eve) on 31st Dec @ Rs. 2000 per person.
* 3.625% Government service tax extra.
* Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours/extra meals ordered
* Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”
* Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls
* The services of vehicles is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the itinerary
* Any kind of drinks (alcohol, Mineral, aerated, bed tea on tour or any other snack while waiting at airport or waiting for jetty)
* Camera fee, soft or hard drinks & starters
* Medical & travel insurance.
* Additional costs due to flight cancellation etc. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, and/or any factors beyond control.
* IMPORTANT: Apjtours will provide an alternate or similar category of hotel in case the hotel mentioned in the package is overbooked.
* Please read carefully our Terms and Conditions